Thursday, February 12, 2009

Claiming the Domain















So I was looking at my cousin Pat's blog, and decided that it was high time I got on this blogging train. I figured it was inevitable and now was as good a time as any, right? Plus I didn't want to get stuck with some crazy domain name like rich7pattersOn.whitepony_11@blogspot.com. That would just be ridiculous.

I am guessing if you find me here you already know a little bit about me, but given that it is a first post and all I think I have to say something about myself. So here it goes. Hopefully there will be something here that you never knew about me.
1. I didn't own a pair of laced shoes until I was in 3rd grade. It was something I was really self conscious about but felt it would be wrong to tell my parents. The first pair I ever owned were a pair of white, yellow, and purple keds. They were rad.
2. I have never liked a cat until last week. Last weekend when I was in Cali, Frac had a cat named sticky that just clawed his way into my heart. I am kind of convinced that sticky is a dog stuck in a cats body, so I am still very skeptical of the the whole feline species.
3. My favorite color, by far, is green. I said it was blue for most my childhood because my brother Dave had claimed green. It wasn't until I was 18 when I decided that it was actually pretty sweet to like the same thing that your younger cooler brother did. So I stopped hiding my love for green.
4. In order the best foods in the world are 1. Thai, 2. Mexican, 3. NicoItalia (a restaurant in Provo. yeah, it gets a whole category) 4. Sandwiches 5. Chinese 6. Breakfast foods.
5. My favorite places in the world in no particular order are: Interlaken Switzerland, Squamish British Columbia, Little Cottonwood Canyon UT, Park City UT, Bear Lake UT, Oahu HI, San Sebastian Spain, and NicoItalia Pizzaria.
6. In a contest reading wins.
7. My Family is sooo cool! Right now I am definitely missing Elisa and John, them being gone on missions, and all. But I'm pretty sure they are hooking me up with some pretty sweet blessings.
8. I have petted ("petted" looks wrong but "pet" seems equally wrong and a bit snobbish so I am sticking with "petted") sting rays, kangaroos, a tasmanian devil, and a cat named sticky.
9. My road bike is named Sophie, whose predacessor was named Phipher. Thankyou Kari and Heather for help with the names.
10. I have some pretty wild dreams. You should ask me about them sometime.

Ok. So I have no idea how often of an occurrence these posts will be, or who will read them, but if you find me here and like what you read, let me know.

4 comments:

  1. I've found you here. I like what I read. I'm just not sure how I feel about the blogging world.

    Also, thanks for throwing a small piece of my shoulder in your picture up top. I feel the love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang it Johnny beat me to first post! But I'm your first blog follower. Let it be known that Scott was first to throw his hat in with Rich. Remember me when you are Rich and powerful Richard Patterson, remember your first and most loyal blog follower. Remember me when it is time to appoint cabinet members, ministers, henchmen, generals, chief executives in charge of piratical education and such.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I really underestimated your love for Sticky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are many things I like here. A) You have entered into the blogdom. B) You have proven once again that you are indeed a genius. (Your logic concerning the word "pet" have solidified my inclinations to be true) 3) I can now officially stalk you and it is accepted by the public... in fact, it is accepted by the world wide web. and that darn right just feels good.

    ps. I am too a fellow blogger. a bloggette. but i post on a team blog. i couldn't do it alone.

    ReplyDelete